Friday, October 13, 2023

A Girls Beach Weekend

Yes, I have really been missing in action. A week ago today, I was starting my day watching the sunrise over the ocean. Seeing the day begin made me even more grateful for a kind friend who invited 7 of us for a *girls weekend* at her beautiful beach house in the Outer Banks of North Carolina.

The house (with its 8 bedrooms and 7 baths) is rented throughout the summer, but our friend and her husband make it their home from September to about May. So many homes like this are solely rental properties. So, how nice for them that they get to enjoy this beautiful and comfortable home with its ocean views, and how nice that we got to enjoy it too.


We were treated to the best of weather, and a trip to nearby Cape Hatteras to see the lighthouse that was given its famous black and white stripe daymark pattern in 1873. The Lighthouse Board assigned each lighthouse a distinctive paint pattern (daymark) and light sequence (nightmark) to allow mariners to recognize it from all others during the day and night as they sailed along the coast. (Who knew?) 

On another day we went to Rodanthe Pier to enjoy yet another ocean view. The weather was calling for clouds and rain, that certainly was not what we had. 

`

Honestly, I just couldn't get enough of the ocean views. I took so many pictures with both my phone and camera.  


The weekend was truly a whirlwind of fun. There was plenty of great food, great conversations and being spent with friends, it could not have been any better, even if it had rained. But I'm glad that it didn't! 

**Photo below is our last night - dinner and a show watching the kite-surfers at sunset on Pamlico Sound. 


Finally .... Leaving Hatteras Island. This is why in a hurricane the island gets cut off, because the ocean is on the other side of the dunes. You can even see in one photo where a wave or two came over the top. 



The dogs were all in good spirits when I got home. But I was so tired and was glad that I took an extra couple of days vacation to rest up from this little vacation. 

18 comments:

  1. A grand home, but what a bonus that the owners can enjoy it themselves, and offer friends some wonderful rest time there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got out , and was able to shake a few cobwebs out of your body. Sounds life altering for a bit. Good for you . You deserve it. Gemma's Person B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny how you always need a vacation after a vacation, isn't it?
    Glad you had a wonderful time, Kim.
    Be safe and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place to visit. Thanks for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing place! We're so glad you got to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray for such a wonderful and well-deserved vacation! Your pictures are beautiful. I'll bet everyone was very happy to see you come home.😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful place to enjoy some "me" time Kim. So glad that you were able to relax in the company of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos from your beach weekend. I love visiting the Outer Banks, the lighthouse and beach are beautiful. I am sure Todd was happy to see you come home.
    Take care, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i would love to stay there and a bed/bath that was all mine and a few friends. super vacation. i always needed a staycation after a vacation too

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice get away! Nice to get all recharged!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like it was such a nice weekend. And what a beautiful house!!! Mom would love to be able to rent a place like that and take the whole gang there for a vacation.
    Thanks for your nice comment - we so appreciate it. We are limping along here trying to deal with all the trials of health issues. We actually did a short post today featuring our sweet boy Timber.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi friends, Ojo here! Those are beautiful photos! (Or course, Todd's photo is the best!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such great photos of the ocean, I miss it now that I live in the mountains. I'm glad you ha a nice vacation. That last picture of Todd is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there! What a fun weekend! I’ve never been to the outer banks, but it’s definitely on my bucket list. Hopefully some day! And what a great lighthouse! I’m hoping to visit our local lighthouse this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope all is well with you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do hope all is well with you Kim, and with your furry friends? You've not blogged for quite a while, and that's not like you. Thinking of you and hoping you'll be back updating us soon. XX

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Thanksgiving to to you, your family, and the pack!

    I've missed your posts, too, and hope all is well.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello, Kim. I will add my best wishes that a happy Thanksgiving day was enjoyed by all at Golden Pines!

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!