Saturday, November 25, 2023

Abridged Version of Happenings

Hello Blogging Friends! Thank you to those who checked in on us to make sure we're 'okay.' In short, I will tell you that we are. From family, to work and my volunteer role with both the rescues and of course the dogs, I'm just being pulled in a lot of different directions right now with very little time to myself. 

~Milo~

But now that I can check Thanksgiving off my list, not forgetting that there is so much to be grateful for, I'm onto the next thing I need to do. And among a couple of other things, at the top of my list is catching my blog up and catching up with your blogs and news too.  

I do have to admit, that these past few days, I have been trying to write a post - The words are coming, but I'm afraid that as always, it is a bit too wordy for what you may have time to read, and for what I know will probably bore you to death. So, I'll TRY TRY TRY to do an abridged version to get caught up. 

Marley .....  He's much better. His arthritis has been bothering him. He's had a couple of visits to the vet for both his achy joints, and his infected ears. He came to us with double ear infections that had been superficially treated, and both needed more attention -- More attention than the first vet that saw him was willing to provide. But Marley saw a new vet that I liked very much because she listened to my concerns, and treated Marley like more than just an 'old foster dog.' 

~Marley~

Lily ..... You'll remember that she's a howler when she's left. But her howling seemed to have gone up a notch or two, sounding almost painful. She tagged along with Marley back to the vet for a 6-month check up. The same vet that sees Marley is now treating Lily too. We have a good plan for her going forward, and she's also on a daily anti-inflammatory medication which has helped, and we're seeing a much happier and even more engaging Lily. 

~Lily (front) and Marley her date for the vet~

Iva ..... There has been a lot of attention on her. One morning Iva was in obvious pain and was whining and hiding in a corner, and didn't want to get up onto her feet. I 'triaged' her, and found that the pain she was feeling was in her shoulder - The one she'd dislocated prior to coming into the rescue. I'm not sure what or how it happened. It was early, so I didn't call the vet, but just got her into my van and took her there. They admitted her, and I was off to work - What a morning! Before lunch, a vet called and said it was a soft tissue injury and he thought that with some rest and medications, she'd be fine, and she has been. 

~Iva~
In other news ..... 

Todd ..... He's reached a bit of a milestone of 250 days since he last had an allergy attack. Knock, knock, knock on wood - He coughed a few times last evening, so I'm hoping it was just because he was outside most of the day. 

Work ..... I'm responsible again for our office holiday party. We are an office of about 10 people, so I enjoy planning it, and I have for the last 5 or 6 years - I'll add here that I do it because no one else wants to. I worked a recent Friday for a co-worker who was traveling to Kaaba in Saudi Arabia. I arrived at the office before everyone else. That never happens! 

~Work on a Friday - Where is everyone?~

Me .... It actually hasn't been all work, stress, dogs and no play. One Saturday my friends that I went to the beach with did a 'scooter tour,' in Lancaster Pennsylvania. It was a fun 4 hour trip on Vespa type scooters on a beautiful day on the backroads seeing Amish farms and a few other sights. My friends had all gone before, and were comfortable on a scooter going about 40 MPH -- as for me, well, it took me a couple of hours, but it was great fun!



Oh, and as for the rest of the gang, they're all in good spirits as the holidays rush right at us! Milo in the video below seems totally relaxed about it. I need to follow his example! 🥰

THANK YOU again for stopping by and checking in on us while I was away. 
You all are the best and I've missed my blogging friends!! 



18 comments:

  1. You have been busy! Everyone looks happy...and will you share with us about the Goldens ears and what you do? Granddog Sadie seems to have more problems than normal. Although what is normal? Are you worried about the virus that dogs are dying from...I hear little blurbs about the mysterious illness...it sounds scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to get your news, and all the crew seem to be doing okay!! Specially Milo and his squeaky toy. Let the Christmas party go well, and I hope you get some seasonal holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pups are getting such good care, please take care of yourself too! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. How good to know that you are all safe, and in various stages of wellbeing. The dogs all look contented and happy. Good news about Todd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great to catch up with you. I would love to do the scooter/vespa tour in Amish country, must look into that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very wonderful to find a post from you this morning and catch up! You don't need to worry about being "too wordy" - I enjoy all you share. So glad to hear the good reports and see the beautiful faces. I hope the Christmas party is lots of fun. Our last dog, darling Millie, died two years ago today and we now just have our cat Cricket who is a handful! It was lovely to have several dogs; I miss them always. Thank you especially for the video of dear Milo. Take care, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Word all you want , I promise I read it all no matter. I know some days you just need to get it all out in front of you so you can go on with other things that matter in your life. Bless you for planning the Christmas party. Gemma's Person/Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Milo's eyes reached out from my computer and pulled me into them and made my eyes tear up. and then i laughed at the end when he was sending squeaky SOS sounds. ha ha.. everyone looks so good and I am happy to see you back and from one word person to another, I UNDERSTAND! go ahead and WORD... so glad the allergies are better. God bless you for your rescue.... and all that live there under your care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you’re back to blogging. I missed you. Gail

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to hear that everything is going well for you and the pups. They all look great! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're glad to hear you and the pups are doing well. It sure can be tough this time of year to keep up with all the holiday events as well as working. We will keep our paws crossed for everyone that needs a little extra POTP in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear the pups are doing better. That is always good news! Always enjoy your R&R stories. I'm so jealous. May the season be bright for all of you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are grateful you were able to carve some time out for yourself. Taking care of senior dogs is a full time job. We are glad everyone is ok. Lee and Phod and their Lady

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll bet the Christmas party was a blast. You're generous to take that load. Are there times you'd like to extract that darned squeak - I know I wanted to sometimes with my kid's ones!! But it gives Milo such pleasure. Don't worry about crafting a perfect blog post, we're just delighted to read all you write, and thankful you give your dogs such a caring home. XX

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the update. We always enjoy reading your news!

    Woofs,
    Ollie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for giving us an update. So glad you caught a little break. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great they are all doing better. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!