Thursday, March 24, 2022

Guardian Angel Wings?

Many thanks for your kind and supportive comments on my last post and for cheering me on as I heal from my recent surgery. You all are the best!💓

I know I'm going to have to get into some kind of routine while I'm home for about a month. But I'm still feeling pretty tired, so napping is at the top of my list. 

~Throwback Thursday for National Puppy Day - Todd as a brand-new puppy~

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine, who also owns one of Todd's siblings said that the white fur on their side are "angel wings." I'd never thought of them that way. But I've been giving this some thought and I'm wondering if that's true. 

Right now, while I am putting this post together, Todd is lying at my feet, sleeping; and whenever I get up for something, he wakes up and follows me wherever I go. He never goes to bed until I do, and sleeps next to me until I get up. So, maybe they are wings and Todd is my guardian angel who keeps watch and makes sure I am okay. What do you think?  Can a Scottish Terrier who has so much spark, is full of fun and mischief be an angel? 

15 comments:

  1. Dear Kim, I'm just catching up on your last post. May you heal quickly and completely and get all the good rest that you need. You will be (and always are) in my prayers. No doubt about it, Todd certainly has been your special angel. May your spring be full of flowers and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course he can Mom! you are such an angel to all the rescues... it's only fair and common sense that you should have your very own little guardian angel! just his presence must make you feel warm and safe. and I have no doubt that he would literally protect with his life. get well soon dear heart. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you lots of warm thoughts for a quick recovery....
    And, of course, Todd is your little guardian angel. :)

    (Is that red nail polish on baby Todd? LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Todd is your guardian angel! Sending you healing hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! They do look like wings, how extremely awesome! So glad he is taking care of you, I feel better knowing you are in such good hands (wings)!
    Healthy thoughts & prayers,
    Lucy (Troy, Ohio)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Scotties are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Todd is your guardian angel, keeping watch over you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Todd is a beautiful dog, I like the angel wings.
    He is your guardian angel. Take care, have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet that Todd looks after you so closely. For sure he is your guardian but we hope he doesn't become an angel for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course he is! Who better to care for you then the ones that love you. Take care, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sadie has the same markings and in her case she is so not an Angel! It is a nice thought:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think all dogs are angels, Todd is just kind enough to make it clear to us humans (who can be slow on these things). Take care of yourself and thinking of you while you recover. Lee and Phod's Lady

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello NoVA neighbor!

    I absolutely love Todd's angel wings. They're all little angels, aren't they, sent to guide and comfort us. Though I'm struggling to think of my Springer as an angel right now, since he ate my buffalo wings right off the counter. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  14. He's definitely your guardian. I always believed he came to you to balance the sadness you must feel when you have to face the loss of a much beloved dog. He's your angel guardian, there to make you smile.

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!